I'm opting not to update the graphic tonight. That's ok. It's not necessary.
Today was more slow going, because there were other things that I needed to focus on. For one, I taught a French class this afternoon (first in two weeks - couldn't put it off another week to finish this portfolio). We watched a video clip for Green Eggs in Ham I found on the web (in French of course) and I prepped the text for them to read and practice for reciting next week dramatically as a group, each taking different roles. I asked them why I would have them do this? They observed that the text is chock full of object pronouns - which is what we reviewed last time we met. I'm trying to take what they've learned and have them practice it in authentic situations (reading a great children's book - even if it is translated from the American). So yes, I was lesson planning today. Kind of off topic for my portfolio....
You ask why I share this? Because the reason I'm pursuing this certification is to support what I'm doing on days like today. This is why I'm getting certified. I want to teach it better, especially to motivated kids who want to learn. And we're having fun even as we prep them for yet one more standardized test. Might as well enjoy learning French while you're at it, right? So off they go to practice good pronunciation, quality grammar, and reflect on pronoun and verb use - while enjoying dear Sam I Am and friend. And I'll go back to my portfolio. Frankly, I needed the break from the intensity of the portfolio today.
It is said that I have completed Part I. It has been reviewed by one of my supervisors. It will be reviewed by another, I'll make any necessary changes, and it will be done. So on my thermometer, I'll go "blue" except for the last part to indicate it's mostly done, but still waiting one more review to be done.
I have turned in Part III and am waiting for that to be reviewed. First by one, then by another. I'll update that as it happens.
I have finished the description for Part II which was harder than expected (but not that hard). It just didn't flow easily and it was hard to work on it until after dinner this evening for the busyness of the day. I want to sleep on it and reread it one more time before submitting it, probably by midmorning tomorrow. The evidence section has been turned in (I did change one piece in the last couple days for the better). And I haven't really worked on the Analysis section much today. But the deep reflection and contemplation I did engage in for the description behind the scenes will reap rewards in the remaining two sections. The ideas are there - I have but to put them on paper. It will take time, so my goals for tomorrow remain the same as today's though we are definitely closer to completing them after today's efforts.
Bonne nuit mes chers lecteurs. À demain.
No comments:
Post a Comment