My house is very easy to vacuum when the boxes are up in the attic, the toys and suitcases put away, the clothes laundered, and the beds made. Wow. It's not remotely spotless (we still live here) but it hasn't been this "tidy" in months.
This weekend we put away the suitcases (in periodic use since September so largely not "put away" since then), caught up with the laundry (this actually happens a lot - but then I get behind again - a cycle that repeats every couple days!), finished putting away Christmas decor 'til next year, cleaned up the mess in the basement (between the lice, the trip to Switzerland and the Christmas gift fest, the floor has been tough to find for months), sorted several boxes of books etc which needed to be gone through, assembled stuff to be given away that's been lying around - some actual gifts, some donations. What a difference. It feels good. There are still two large boxes to be mailed, four or five small packages to be aseembled and mailed, two new loads of laundry to be dealt with, a couple boxes to drop off at the thrift shop, and lots of paperwork screaming for attention (haven't touched that since sometime last week), but it feels like such a relatively small pile of clutter, with so much put away... Wow. I'm kind of in shock. I did vacuum while I had chance and will keep chipping away at the piles. And I'm going to enjoy the feeling of "tidyness" while it lasts.
NB As for the cold, the kids survived their walks to school, the car started fine, and we're tired but happy and warm. The furnace is working too (no small thing in temps of -21.5 as it was this am and up to -0.9 and now back to -5.3). Not taking any of this for granted!
No comments:
Post a Comment