Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Speaking of retirement

It would seem the French law is all but a done deal now, but on a more important note, my mom has officially retired and the ripe young age of ... well I guess I'm not supposed to say but it's well above the minimum in any case. And she is visiting for a week. It's nice to have her and I hope her retirement is the well-earned privilege and break she deserves after all the years and hours she's put into her work. Granted, she took lots of "time off" to raise my siblings and I (and stayed extremely busy then to boot) but that was a full-time (and then some) job, and then she went back to school and worked like crazy these past twenty some odd years (more?) I'm glad she's saying good-bye to the grind and is choosing to spend some of her first few weeks of retirement here with us. Love you Mom!

No comments: