Thursday, October 21, 2010

Four day weekends

Every October the NEA has a teacher convention and the kids get a four-day weekend. It is always at just the right time, and it's now. Some illnesses are just starting to gear up at school (the colds have been around but now we're looking at tummy bugs and strep) and so a few days away from the place doesn't hurt. Patience has a nasty cough that I'm hoping will get better with rest. She's still asleep (it's almost 7am) and hopefully we'll be quiet enough so she can sleep as long as she'd like. Everyone else seems to have a body that won't stay asleep on a day off. I woke up at the usual 5:30 w/o an alarm (though I did get back to sleep for an hour - yay). The other three kids were all up at 6:30 - I usually have to wake them when there's school but not on Saturdays and they seemed eager to play this morning despite the opportunity to snooze! Maybe tomorrow.

We hope to play and rest and go for walks (yes, I'm sore) and get some chores done (like sorting clothes and getting the summer put away and the rest of the longer sleeved stuff out). There are many things I had just begun when we discovered the lice so they got put away and or tabled and it's time to get back to them. We really didn't want to be trying on clothes in the midst of that mess. So now that we're clean, best get to it! Hopefully we'll do some baking and the like too and perhaps get together with some friends. There are still piano lessons and Awana so "life goes on" but the break is nice.

No comments: