"The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field; it is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches." (Mat 13:31-32)
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Skating
We finally made it back to the rink today - yipee! It was a lot of effort to get there, I didn't feel like going, getting skated up was time-consuming and hard work, and I started out w/my left foot uncomfortable and me wobbly in general. But once we were settled on the ice, it was lovely. I think I have missed skating. I am so glad we went. Yay! And it was just three families so the rink was delightful. Nothing like tons of space, your kids with you happy to be there (ok, just one was mine but we had a few others in tow). I love to skate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
DITTO! Joe had me at public skate for THREE hours on Sunday. Our backyard rink is a mess since the thaw then freeze with snow. I tried to unload it today and fear I made it worse :(
Sorry to hear about your backyard rink. :-( We certainly have had interesting weather for it - cold enough, then thaw, then snow, now plenty cold again . . . . . do you have to go out and shovel? Then rewet and allow to freeze? I have heard it's a lot of work, but it must be worth it to some or no one would do it.
Post a Comment