"The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field; it is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches." (Mat 13:31-32)
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Mundaneness
I wish I had something to say - I don't! We are busy - always things to do. The past two days have included a doctor's appt, a birthday party, a trip to Costco, a trip to the violin shop to upsize a viola, going to the farmer's market and the grocery store, prepping for a garage sale table at a neighbor's house and then setting up and dismantling that (minus a few things - yay!), prepping for a baby shower (games etc), attending said baby shower (very fun - we were there for five hours!), dropping by a house we're watching while its inhabitants are out of town 3 separate times to take out the trash, put away the empty trash can, and take in the newspaper and feed the hamster, trying on clothes, putting away laundry, dishes dishes and more dishes, watering plants, doing paperwork, calling my mom, picking up toys several times, losing to my 2nd born twice on two different board games at two different occasions, taking care of our own trash, checking the kids' heads for lice (it seems to be going around so we're being cautious - ok, paranoid), reading mail and answering questions, prepping a number of meals, getting passport photos of several kids, catching up with an old neighbor, and I'm sure I've forgotten a lot. But none of it "significant" or newsworthy. This is my life! It's kind of mundane. But I love my kids and my husband and they were nice days with lots of fun and good moments together. They're also not at all dull or boring. Can I have some more?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment