Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A blog

There used to be several blogs I followed; not so many any more. They can be very encouraging, or not. Frankly, none are perfect, and each one I read (when I get around to it) is sometimes great, and sometimes not. But I enjoy them nonetheless at least from time to time.

Back in May/June, I was reading a periodical from my alma mater and therein read an article written by a Christian mom w/a daughter w/Down's Syndrome. Great article (click here to read it). Anyway, I have decided I like her blog. I especially like today's entry, What Having Kids Has Taught Me About Myself. I can personally relate to her situation and I think my mind works in similar ways, and our "division of labor" in the home as relates to the kids has definite parallels. But overall, her humility, her faith and her personal transparency on her blog are what are endearing me to her and to it. Perhaps someday she and I will actually have opportunity to meet - now wouldn't that be special. Happy reading!

NB As soon as I posted this she posted in her blog something I really DIDN'T like. Figures. Still, good conversation, even when we disagree fundamentally, is better than no conversation so I keep reading.

No comments: