We're officially in a heat wave. No question there. Today is the third day in a row of 90+ degrees... and boy is it hot. Still, we keep on keepin' on. Around the house we have lots of tasks to do like clothes sorting and the like. Patience and I did some of that yesterday, and the two younger kids and I did some of that this morning. We also watched TV, played Wii, and went to the pool. The doctors appts. were an escape from the heat as their offices are air-conditioned. Yippee. I successfully cleaned out the shed early this afternoon. Slowly. It's in the shade or I never would have. The boys sorted laundry in front of a fan this morning. All the kids rooms are more cleaned up and the gardens are well-watered and reasonably well-weeded over the past two days. We also watched Barbie as the Island Princess (a full length movie!) after Vivace clunked his head hard going up the stairs. Ouch. We've managed to keep the house in the low 80's and the fans are working fine, so it's at least a relief to come inside, and the shade in the back yard is a blessing. Fruit smoothies (yesterday) and frozen lemonade (today) help too. Yum. Looking forward to the pool soon.
We just tried (and failed) to get a picture of the most exhausted looking squirrel we've ever seen. He was lying on the railing of our back deck, between two flower boxes, in the shade. He looked more like he was flopped there than lying there. One paw was lackadaisically hanging over the side of the railing and his head was flat on the railing between the paws. When he got up, he moved more slowly than I have ever seen a squirrel move in my life. Usually they're perky and attentive. Not the case here. I think we disturbed his "peace." He was very reluctant to move at all, but he thought the better of his choice of place to plop due to all our attention. Oh well - he could have stayed of course. We were just fascinated.
No comments:
Post a Comment