Monday, February 23, 2015

Pancakes 101

We're having a class during our week long winter vacation.  I'm calling it Pancakes 101.  Each and every one of the kids is learning to make pancakes.  The goal is all four kids knowing how to make pancakes anytime they want, w/o my help.  From scratch.  Finding the recipe in the book.  Finding the ingredients in the cabinet(s).  Mixing, cooking, and cleaning up.  Yup, the whole enchilada.

As of today both the younger two can cook them independently, w/supervision.  Tomorrow they mix w/o supervision, and probably the next day they cook w/o direct supervision.  Andante is the kitchen manager Wednesday (making sure they don't burn the house down while I'm out at an appt. w/Patience). 

Even Patience has been involved (she's my most reluctant chef).  I think she can do it and we'll put her to the test Thursday and Friday.

I think they've got it!  And they're having a blast.  

No comments: