"The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field; it is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches." (Mat 13:31-32)
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Tuesdays with Morrie
Papa Bear and I went to see a play tonight - a very "grown-up" thing to do. I felt extremely grown-up for some reason. I guess we don't do "grown-up" things very often... It was neither very expensive nor very far away (it was our local community theater). Some roughly 10 years ago, Papa Bear's high school English teacher recommended a book to us entitled Tuesdays with Morrie. Dutifully, we got a copy of the book and we both read it. Very good book, essentially lessons on "how to live" from a man who's dying (that's very oversimplified). So when I saw a play by the same name was being put on this weekend locally, and remembering how much we enjoyed the book, I emailed my beloved and asked if I could take him on a date - and he said yes. It was a wonderful time and the play exceeded our expectations. We do recommend the book, and if there's time (it's showing through the 23rd), we recommend the play!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment