Monday, January 4, 2010

Let it snow...

... and snow and snow. It was fun. Over New Year's weekend, we had the biggest single snowstorm ever in the Champlain Valley's history. It even topped the Valentine's Day Blizzard from 2007 (although I did read that storm still holds the record for snowfall in a single day). Presumably our official total was something like 27". Burlington I believe was roughly 33". Pretty cool, and very fun to play in. Light and fluffy too (unlike the Vday one which was very heavy) so not too hard to clean up relatively speaking.

The amazing thing though was that we didn't get a snow day. The biggest snow storm ever . . . and not even a delayed opening. Go figure. Kudos to the snow plow crews! (I guess. I like snow days).

That said, the kids say the sidewalks are some pretty tough slogging, 3+ inches to wade through can really wear you out, though it is passable... More in some spots. Oh well.

Happy New Year!

No comments: