Monday, July 28, 2014

Summer Babysitting - Rusty but Fun!

We are watching a little not-quite-two-year-old boy for four weeks this summer, six hours each day M-F 'til mid August.  I think I'd forgotten how much work they can be at this age. I am definitely rusty across the board in chasing toddlers, diapering, and so much more.  He is busy busy busy.  But he is relatively easy as these things go and a lot of fun. Frankly, he's delightful. Granted, he's wearing us out, but we're managing, and largely trying to incorporate him into our lives and activities.  I do love having so many helpful hands.  We were hoping this would be a venture that was mostly Patience's responsibility, but that's proving impossible given his needs and her limitations (she doesn't have the energy for him).  So we're splitting it up and the younger two are loving him.  Here are a few photos from our first week with him, including what I believe is his very first ever trip to the pool.









No comments: