Ok, so I'm a bit jaded. They're done and out of my hands. Yay.
The life sucking thing seems to have to do with energy and sick kids. Patience is improving (she was herself today after just two doses of amoxicillin yesterday afternoon and the middle of the night). That pink stuff is icky but effective. She'll be back in school tomorrow, but Vivace - that means lively - was anything but today. It started out fine but went suddenly downhill by 9am after a stint of trying on clothes and a nice bath. Glad I got that done early. He fell asleep in my arms and pretty much was out of it for the next six hours, despite tylenol. Anyway, so far there's no growth on the culture (we'll know for sure tomorrow) so it would appear thus far that it's not strep.
He did wake up periodically to use the bathroom, drink a little more, and change which couch he was sound asleep on (see picture below of one semi-upside-down position he maintained for over an hour) . Two of those hours were curled up on top of me while I napped as well. It was kind of sweet but whatever he had I'll probably get. I was exhausted and couldn't keep my eyes open so it was just as well. Hopefully that's it and there'll be no other dominos to fall. I'd really like to get on with life now that the taxes have been filed.

No comments:
Post a Comment