Monday, November 30, 2009

Books



The couple weeks before Thanksgiving, I sorted books. Well, just the kids' books. I'll do the other books between now and Christmas (education, adult fiction, reference, adult non-fiction, teaching etc). There are 14 boxes plus multiple shelves left to do, and I'm pretty sure we had at least that same quantity in children's books and literature.



My goal was to go through them and cull out those we've outgrown, duplicates, and more. I wanted to pare down at least 3 boxes. As it turns out, I was able to get rid of FOUR full boxes. What a wonderful feeling. I look forward to how the house will look when I'm done with the rest of them! In the mean time, the kids were in 7th heaven with their "new" books to read. Nothing quite like having a library in your living room for a whole week!



Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky.
My pile of books
Are a mile high.
How I love them!
How I need them!
I”ll have a long beard
By the time I read them.
- Arnold Lobel
Posted by Picasa

No comments: